International Studies in Phenomenology and Philosophy
CALL FOR PAPERS – ISSUE VOL. 6 NO. 1 (2018)
Philosophy and Literature
Editors: Francesco Campana and Mario Farina
The issue of Metodo. International Studies in Phenomenology and Philosophy aims to reconsider the philosophical and literary debate of the second half of 20th century. In that debate, phenomenological tendencies, classic literary theory, hermeneutics and the latest analytic attempts devote their efforts to comprehending literature as a whole. Hence, we invite all the interested scholars to investigate the problem of the relationship between philosophy and literature. Appreciated are both strictly methodological contributions (about the theoretical and epistemic status of literary phenomena) and analyses dedicated to literary artworks and literary genres in their relation with other disciplines. Suggested topics for this issue include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hermeneutics and literary theory.
- Phenomenological analysis of literature.
- Ontological and/or epistemic conditions of possibility of the literary object.
- Relationship between philosophy and literature.
- Philosophy and the novel.
- Relationship between poetic genres and literary theory as a whole.
- Intermediality, interdisciplinarity and literature.
- Literature, cultural studies and gender studies.
- Politics and literature.
Deadline for submission: December 15th, 2017.